The Artist

My photo
Orari, New Zealand
traveler | artist | expat | jedi | wife

Blog Archive

10 April 2011

the lost photos of my new zealand 2010 trip

these are some unseen photos from my new zealand 2010 trip. I took over 2000 photos on that trip, so am I bound to post more, but since I am moving to new zealand in less than three months, get used to seeing A LOT of new zealand.


on our two week camper van road tip, we took a break in a little town called omarama.
I had a pretty bad cold at this point and josh snapped this shot as I took a little nap.
 I took this photo standing at the clyde dam, the largest dam in new zealand. this is the road we drove to get there. breathtaking.
 we pulled over along our road trip in between the town of omarama and the lindis pass. people had built these cairns everywhere and we couldn't resist making our own.
 this is a shot of the town of cromwell, one of my favourite little towns in new zealand. a dam was built nearby and put part of the town underwater a couple decades back, with only a few buildings left from the early 1900's. that part of town is known as old cromwell, and that's where josh and I met the most insane canadian goldsmith who we decided just have to make our wedding bands. I also had a very lucky winning streak on the pokeys (slot machines) in one of the pubs in town -pretty proud of that.
 this amazing treasure is the area of the fox glacier, on the west coast of new zealand (which I am convinced they could have filmed jurassic park).
 this is fox glacier. it might not look gigantic, but there were actually a group of glacier hikers on it at the time that you can't even see because it's so huge. I love the turquoise blue & black pattern all over the ice.
 I was constantly waiting for a herd of dinosaurs to come out from nowhere.
 fox glacier. mind blown.
 I would kill to own this bus and turn it into a camper van.
 Where those mountains meet in the middle of the photo is franz josef glacier. this is a reflection pool that has existed for decades. it has a thin layer of a certain kind of algae film on the top of the water that makes it extremely reflective.
 my incredibly handsome soon-to-be hubby on the beaches of timaru, my future home in just a few months.
mt. cook national park baby! tallest mountain in new zealand. I came here as a kid with my family and every time I come back it still feel the awe of a nine year old girl.

 my fiancĂ© and I on the top of mt. john looking over lake tekapo and new zealand's southern alps. in the depths of a narnia winter, this is one of my favourite magical places.
 the church at lake tekapo. I also came here as a little girl and it is one of my favourite places in all of new zealand.
this is the skatepark in a town called wanaka. makes me want to whip out my 15 year old skater self and try it out. this is right across the road from lake wanaka, a gorgeous lake. I can't wait to come here in the summer time.
the cairns between omarama and lindis pass. it was frosty, freezing and windy, but I have never been happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment